Being born to a Portuguese father and Malayalee mother, Kalnish Kashna Schubert is a product of two wonderful cultures that each have dance and arts imbibed into their way of life. From a very tender age, Kalnish has had a love for dance and music and used to spend much of her free time dancing to various music.
Kalnish started engaging herself with dance at the age of nine. Having initially developed her moves all on her own, she enrolled in various dance classes over the years. She has since acquired skills and performed Salsa, Bachata, Bhangra, Bollywood, and contemporary dances. She learned Latin dances from the personal coaching of her mom and later enrolled and graduated from the Shiamak Davar Dance Academy in Mumbai, India in 2014. While in India she was actively involved in shows in India such as the Star Parivaar Awards 2013 and Toni and Guy show 2013. She had been teaching Kids & Adult Bollywood and Kids Salsa at her mom’s dance studio, Shamballa Tribeni Dance and Music School, in Klang, Malaysia.
- 2014 – One Year Dance Programme at Shiamak Davar Dance Academy, Mumbai, India
- 2015 – Certified in Assistant Dance Teaching at Dance Academy, Melbourne, Australia
- 2015 – Certified in Dance at Dance Academy, Melbourne, Australia
- 2016 – Certified in Dance at Dance Academy, Melbourne, Australia
- 2017 – Qualified in Musical Theatre at Dance Academy, Melbourne, Australia
- 5th Place Winner in Manila Dance Classic Championship Competition, 2019
- First Prize Winner in Holi Malaysia 2019 – Bollywood Competition
- The World Bachata Festival, Kuala Lumpur 2018
- Boracay Latin Dance Festival, Boracay, Philippines 2018
- Nepal Latin Dance Fiesta, Nepal 2018
- Cebu International Beach Festival, Philippines 2017 – 2018
- The World Bachata Festival, Kuala Lumpur 2016
- The World Bachata Festival, Kuala Lumpur 2015
- Sydney International Bachata Festival 2015
- Osaka Latin Dance Festival 2014
- India International Dance Congress in Bangalore, India in 2014
- World Star Road to Hollywood in 2012.
- The World Bachata Festival, Kuala Lumpur 2012
- The Malaysian Vesaki Festival 2011.
- Corporate shows in Bangkok, Thailand in 2011.
- The International Indian Food Festival in China 2011
- The Malaysian Vesaki Festival 2010
- The Malaysian Vesaki Festival 2009
Kalnish was also featured in the Malaysian Government Education Portal for her involvement in dance. Her goal is to perform on the stages of the world and to teach and groom children in the finer skills of dancing. “Children are my Passion” aptly summarises the character of this angelic girl.